John N. MacLeod is an associate attorney with Friedemann Goldberg LLP, practicing with the Banking, Business, Trust & Estate, and Litigation groups. He has been an attorney with the firm since 2010.
Mr. MacLeod has experience in all phases of litigation in state and federal trial courts and has represented clients across a wide range of litigation matters, including contract disputes, fraudulent transactions, creditors' rights, and collection. He is also experienced in trust and estate administration and litigation matters.
During law school, Mr. MacLeod spent a summer abroad in Nice, France, where he studied international business transactions.
• Successfully defended federal complaint alleging ten claims and seeking in excess of $1,000,000 in damages against defendant financial institution.
• Successful action by financial institution against insurance company for breach of contract for failing to provide coverage in connection with forgery.
• Successfully negotiated full repayment of outstanding loan balance where borrower fraudulently induced lending by financial institution.
• Successfully litigated collection action by plaintiff for breach of contract for failure to repay promissory note in connection with entertainment loan.
• Successfully represented beneficiaries of trust in action against trustee to compel accounting, resulting in accounting provided and increased distributions.
• Successfully represented beneficiary of trust in appointment replacement trustees and obtaining trust distributions.
• Obtained complete defense for a small business on a collection claim for breach of contract based on prior material breaches.
• Successfully negotiated for defendant complete indemnity and reimbursement of attorneys' fees with third-party vendor in patent infringement matter.
Ph: 707-543-4900 Fax: 707-543-4910