Mia Rose Shirley is an associate attorney with Friedemann Goldberg LLP, practicing in the Banking, Business, Real Estate, and Litigation groups. She has been an attorney with the firm since 2013.
Ms. Shirley graduated with her bachelors degree from the University of California, San Diego, majoring in economics and mathematics. She is a graduate of The College of William & Mary School of Law, cum laude, where she was Executive Editor of the Environmental Law and Policy Review, a member of the Moot Court team, and a graduate research fellow.
While in law school, Ms. Shirley interned with the US Department of Commerce and a business law firm in Richmond, Virginia.
Since joining Friedemann Goldberg, she has represented clients in matters of business disputes, commercial litigation, trust & estate litigation, and the formation and sale of small businesses.
Represent companies in matters of sales, formation, entity governance, and contractual matters:
• Represented mobile application start-up company from formation through first round of debt-equity financing
• Drafted bylaws, articles of incorporation, shareholder agreement, subscription agreements, convertible notes
• Drafted terms and conditions
• Represented restaurant owners in sale of business and real estate
• Negotiated purchase agreement
• Oversaw due diligence
• Advised clients on entity governance issues, employment issues, and transition
• Counseled California LLC on conversion to Delaware Corporation
• Drafted plan of conversion and restated bylaws
• Advised individual LLC member on entity governance issues and individual member rights
• Delivered strategic advice to LLC managing member regarding entity governance
• Analyzed operating agreement
Represent fiduciaries and beneficiaries in contested trust and estate litigation matters:• Settled contested estate litigation matter involving the ownership of a real estate partnership
Represent financial institutions in transactional and regulatory matters:• Advised lender (secured creditor) on sale of note and deed of trust to unsecured creditor
Ph: 707-543-4900 Fax: 707-543-4910